Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some Pictures At the Lodge

So all is well at Valhalla Lodge. The lake is placid and the mountain range still standing, though there was a reported earthquake in Anchorage which gives me a little fright since I think it might be linked to the volcano that isn't to far from here thats been actively erupting.

This is a picture of the ash from the volcano, pretty crazy!
I'm almost getting used to waking up at 6 am, aren't you proud family?! I wake up at 6 am, work tell about 10 or 11 then I have the afternoon off to go take jobs on the airstrip of Nondalton, nap or just work on being creative. 
This blog thing has turned out to be harder to work with then I thought. For some reason the pictures are not uploading to this site as easy as they are on Facebook or Myspace thats why I haven't been posting, but I'm still going to keep trying. So here are the ones that finally have up loaded after trying for the last 4 days.

This is Brady, Me and Chris. This is a picture of us before we take off on our little fishing trip last week. Brady is from Fort Collins Colorado, a real cowboy. Chris is Captain Kirk's son, quite a character that one is. 



This is Captain Kirk and Liza. They're the masterminds behind the lodge. Kirk is a native Alaskan and Liza is from Oregon. Her dad used to be a professor at Reed and she herself graduated from Harvard Law and is a practicing lawyer up here in Alaska.

This is Erin and I all dolled up waiting for our first guest to arrive. Don't we look professional.

We have a freakin' steam bath. The coolest thing since sliced bread. Chris, Erin and I get in that thing and steam it up, then we jump into 6 mile lake, which is just freezing! And I mean freezing.

In the morning about 8:30 I watch the guest and Kirk take off in the Beaver to go fishing for the day.


This is the four wheeler that I get to ride around in the woods with, a whole lot of fun. Post more later, send my love.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the visit! It is great to see what you are seeing. When you get back, are you going to have to get yourself a 4 wheeler. Looks like fun. Love the pictures and Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete