Sunday, June 14, 2009

Made it into Anchorage

Pre-flight night, I decided to visit my mom, sister and dad before I left the next day. It was great that I got to see them one more time before I left just in case I get eaten by a bear while I'm up here. Cole and I hang out the night before the flight and decided to jump into the ocean at Nye Beach. So at 3 o'clock anyone still awake in their hotel rooms witnessed two stark crazy mad people running into the ocean with nothing really on. 
From that, the flight itself was pretty long and hard on me. I felt really disoriented and very uncomfortable, but I did manage to sleep for two hours of the flight, get my bags and found Buff and Sherry, my Uncles stepson who I have never meet perviously to this adventure. They have been extremely hospitable, making me a lovely dinner, breakfast and giving me a place to sleep. Buff works as a pilot for Alaskan Airlines and loves Richard Bach (or at least has about 7 of his books.)
Now, I am resting at their home in the west hills of Anchorage about to go to the store to pick up my last remaining supplies I need before going out to the middle of nowhere for the next three months. I am going to post some pictures of my little walk to Fred Myers this morning and then send a message to my family about this blog I'm creating
This is the famous that all the streets must be named after in this neighborhood.
This is the neighborhood in the West Hills. I wish those huge mountains came out better.
This is Brook Town
Buff and Sherry's home.
Tulips in Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the pictures and narrative with this blog. Does it seem easier to use. I think you should go with this one. The pictures are awesome. This is mom but it wouldnt let me sigh on so I uses Betty.

    ReplyDelete