Sunday, August 23, 2009

Plane Ride

So yesterday I got to ride in the Heli to the Moraz where I was able to see some brown bears from the plane. We crossed Lake Iliamna and let me tell you that lake was huge! I mean it seemed like a ocean getting across it in that little float plane. We could see some fresh water sea lions and a caribou in the tundra. When flying over the Moraz, I saw a lot of bears charging after the sockeyes that were just everywhere. I mean there was just so many of those fish I could not believe it. You could just reach in and grab them with your "bear hands;)"
Anyways, when we landed on funnel creek, I hopped out to go get the boys and was amazed when I looked at the river up close. There was just so many salmon and the crazy thing is, they just turn red spawn and then die up there. The guys aren't even fishing for those things. Their going after trout.
Today we went up the Taz and I caught a grayling and Chris caught a few trout. Oh, and I got to try driving the boat!

1 comment:

  1. That is so crazy there are so many fish! I would love to see that, you took pictures right?? Oh, that is what I think of when I think of Alaska, all the bears and the fish and such. Oh that is so neat!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete