Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Well, it had been a long week for Captain Kirk. The German's had taken a lot out of him. Next to getting a 200 dollar ticket for not logging one of the trips they had taken, the German's had wanted to go see bears and I guess this is Kirk's least favorite active, probably because it doesn't involve as much fishing and a instructional video that he has probably watched countless times over the years. But he endured his distaste for the activity and made it through and the day that the Germans left Kirk proceeded to get wasted and in the process get Erin and I a little intoxicated with him (that may be an understatement). 
After having a glass of wine myself, I of course got the brilliant idea I always get when I am staring at a big body of water, I had the urge to jump in. Looking around I asked nicely if Erin or Liza we're interested in accompany me in the water and to my great surprise Liza was up to the challenge. We raced inside to change and in no time we were waiting by the waters edge getting ready to charge in the icy cold water, Liza, LadyBell and I. We swam for a few minutes throwing the ball around for LadyBell, giggling and laughing at our spontaneous adventure. We got out walking up to Kirk and Erin who were our audience, waiting at the waters edge with towels, but we did not last long and in minutes we were back in the water, giggling and smiling at the youth gumption. Cold water is amazing. It is bearable but it slowly gets under skin, dropping the temperature of your bones. I didn't feel extremely cold when I got out but heating back up was almost impossible on my own and left the party on the porch to take a very hot shower. 
As the hours passed, the group got smaller and smaller, Liza went to bed. Brady and Chris were only there for a second or two before sneaking off and John had stayed far away from the porch the whole time, he had already experience Captains drinking qualifications. Liza had told us that we could leave anytime if Captain started to annoy us, but since Erin and I had not heard all of the stories he was continuing on and on about we were fine, but boy he can drink and talk and did I mention dance as well? Yep, at around 2 o'clock we decided to dance to Mile Davis all around the lounge lighting a fire and waking up Liza in the process, which I of course am crossing my fingers that she isn't to mad at us about, but it seems that everyone is sort of use to this type of behavior from the Kirk. 
All and all a very fun night that I enjoyed a lot. I'll post a picture or two later. 

1 comment:

  1. Wherever you go there is a wonderful party just waiting to happen. Glad you invigorated Liza's sences with some cold water swimming, you crazy girl. Hope she either loved it or at least will forgive you. And three cheers for Capt. Kirk and his unique coping "skills"...Sounds like there may be more to come as summer is not nearly over yet! Love you Ashley, Mom

    ReplyDelete