Friday, April 22, 2011

Thanks For All the Fish



So we are leaving to Portland today. Yep, it's really happening!

I think that I have to thank some very important people in this blog. If it wasn't for them, James and I wouldn't be going on this trip.

To Allison and Jared. James and I couldn't be more thankful that they agreed to watch our beautiful blue heeler, Shilo. Shilo couldn't be in better hands. In fact, she may enjoy her stay so much she'll forget us! Also for giving us a little room to put our guitars.

To Sabrina and Tim. They let us stay in their home for the last 4 months. We would be broke on the trail if we would have had to find a place to rent. Without them I would have to sell my classic 1974 bug. One of by favorite and most prized processions. James would also only have trail cloths by the end of our trip but with their graciousness they have given him a spot to store some personal items along with a few of my own. And furthermore, to making sure that we are safe out there and don't stumble into to may medical emergencies.

To Carol Lowe. We wouldn't be eating as good on the trail if Carol hadn't agreed to help us by sending our resupply boxes to us from the Logsden Stores Post Office. Thank you Carol, without your help my stress level would be at toxic levels.


To Deidre and Luke. They have also provided some space to store some things, but on top of that they have been great friends who have listened to my worried rambles and put up with our non-stop gear talk for many a nights. James and I have treasured our time with them these last few months in Newport. They are truly great friends.

To Kenny. Thanks for your company the last week we were here. Also for being our counselor and mediator. Thanks for getting James to work! Oh and I almost forgot, for making sure the Virgo is in good hands!


Last and not least Nick Glass. Thank you for driving down from Portland to pick us up, giving us a place to stay and then driving us to the airport the next day! I mean who could ask for a better friend. That is above and beyond the friend requirements. So yep, you're on our "We Love You ForEver!" List.

I know I'm forgetting someone but for now this is going to have to do. Updates coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment